Registration as Flue cured Virginia Tobacco Grower
(Rule 33, 33-A and 33-B of Tobacco Board Rules, 1976)
According to Section 10(1) of Tobacco Board Act, No person shall grow FCV tobacco without obtaining a certificate from the Board.
Procedure for Registration
- New growers applying for registration have to file application forms in Form-1 for registration as Virginia tobacco growers as per time schedule fixed by Registration Committee.(Karnataka – April/ May ;Andhra Pradesh – August/ September) along with fees applicable .
- Grower applicants registered during previous year, seeking renewal of registration shall file their application in revised format (single sheet) in the place of statutory Form-1 as per schedule for registration announced each year along with fees applicable.
- All the applications for renewals shall be accompanied by Tobacco Growers Pass Book in original.
- The applications received from growers for registration/ renewal of registration will be processed as per the criteria laid down by the Registration committee for growers and others.
Criteria for Registration as Grower for Karnataka – 2015-16 Crop Season
Criteria for Registration as Grower for Andhra Pradesh - 2014-15 Crop Season
- Renewal of registration / Registration as growers of Virginia tobacco will be granted to all the eligible applicants on the spot by endorsing particulars of registration i.e., area authorized, quota per barn in the Tobacco Growers Pass Book (TGPB) for current crop season.
- The applications of growers who are ineligible for registration / renewal of registration as per criteria for registration will be refused for registration within 7 days of filing of applications informing the specific reasons for refusal of registration.
- As per the rules 33(4) (for registration as a grower of Virginia tobacco) of Tobacco Board (Amendment) Rules, 1988 the fee payable is Rs.1/- per 0.4 ha. (one acre)and with corresponding increase of the fee with increase in area.